How exactly do you build & run an effective SEO team? It’s a question with no single answer, but is essential to growing your digital marketing campaigns. In this episode, Allie Brown, the Director of SEO at Knucklepuck Media, shares her tips, strategies and lessons learned for growing effective teams on both the agency and in-house side of SEO.
Allie Brown started her SEO career at SEER Interactive before directing SEO for Anthropologie, a major consumer brand owned by Urban Outfitters. She is currently in charge of growing and managing the SEO Team at Knucklepuck Media.
- Lessons learned In-house SEO vs. Agency-side
- Challenges working on an agency team
- Applying ideas from in-house to agency work
- Building an effective team structure
- Growing individual team members
- Growing the SEO team as a whole
- Self-paced onboarding & training
- Making meetings work
- Building a sustainable culture
- Allie’s top tips for SEO team leaders