How do you use digital strategies like SEO, email and analytics to drive success for a local startup doing business in the offline world of package delivery?
We go behind the scenes on this question and more with Napoleon Suarez of Fishbox, an on demand package delivery company in Philadelphia. In this episode, Napoleon shares his favorite tactics, how he’s built the company, and discusses how he applies the lessons he learned with his background in agency-side digital marketing to running a local startup.
If you’re interested in the *application* of marketing and customer acquisition – you’ll get a lot out of this episode.
- Running market research and getting initial traction for Fishbox
- Getting your first bit of press
- Why smaller is better in getting press
- Why you have no way to predict who is going to be the best source of customers
- How to “trade up” press and public relations
- Getting local reviews
- Why a newsletter & a blog can work – even for a small, locally focused company
- The tactics that have *not* worked well
- How to wear “lots of has” and maintain priorities
- Marketing lessons learned from running the business (not from an agency)
- Favorite outside of the box tactics that drove customer signups
Special for Bamboo Chalupa’s Philadelphia Listeners
Use promo code BAMBOO2016 for the special offer mentioned in the show