How do you turn a hobby podcast into the watercooler for an entire sport? And how do you keep growing your audience across multiple channels in a rapidly changing industry?
We go behind the scenes on these questions and more with Kevin Phillips of Verbal Tap – the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Comedy Podcast.
Verbal Tap is a fan-favorite podcast (and one of the original) in the Mixed Martial Arts world. They are now publishing across digital platforms with a dedicated audience and are a regular stop for top fighters in the MMA industry.
If you’re interested in the *application* of marketing and audience building concepts – you’ll get a lot out of this episode.
- Initial steps to grow a core audience
- The key content type that got traction
- How to make a conversation interesting for your audience
- How to brainstorm and test ideas faster & more effectively
- Winning with controversy
- Engaging with an audience across platforms
- Finding one metric to determine “true North”
- Tips for advertisers & marketers working with a niche publisher