How do you approach & plan to distribute content to millions of people? What kind of lessons can every business takeaway from viral content machines like UpWorthy & BuzzFeed?
This episode brings back one of our most popular guests. When we last spoke to Evan Porter, he was the lead copywriter at marketing agency in Atlanta. Since then he’s moved on to a full-time position with Upworthy where he writes and packages uplifting, stories with the expressed goal of helping that content go viral.
In this episode, Evan talks to us about planning, creating & distributing content at scale. We go into the details of how sites like UpWorthy drive so much success with creating & distributing content and what every site can learn from them.
- Why content at scale matters
- The biggest difference between an agency & a pure content position
- The mindset required for working with content distribution at scale
- Headlines & creating sustainable user experience
- How to balance quality, fact-checking & speed
- Tradeoffs between timeless & trending content
- How distribution channels affect content distribution