While Search has made incredible improvements over the past years, there’s one area of search that has consistently lagged behind and even regressed – and that’s the world of Local Search.
It’s a world that provides an awful experience for customers and creates bewildering inconsistencies and demands for the local businesses who depend on search to connect them with their customers.
In this episode, Brett and Nate discuss how and why the world of Local SEO got to be this way, whether there is hope for both customers & businesses, and how businesses can be effective in search.
- How local search works & why it’s awful
- Translating offline “signals” to online signals for search engines
- The Pigeon Update
- The Problem with Yext-like Solutions
- What to do to do well in local
- The business that Google wants you to be
- Getting reviews & testimonials